The MoneyZen Culture
At MoneyZen Wealth Management, you’ll find a new way to think about your life and how to enrich it.
- We’re virtually everywhere. Among our most exciting and unusual qualities is how we’ve applied leading-edge technology to build our virtual office. From the urban hustle-bustle of Times Square, to the mountain vistas of Santa Fe, to the sandy shores of Southern California, we’ve optimized our business to serve ideal MoneyZen clients wherever they may roam.
- We’re here for you, too. Our services are extremely up close and personal. In particular, our zest for learning and teaching shines through everything we do for and with our clients.
- We’re transparent. We place a strong emphasis on full, transparent disclosure of our fees, relationships and services. We want everything to be perfectly clear, so you can relax and focus on your life.
- We’re solid. Our office may be virtual, our fees transparent. But our people and platform are rock solid. Manisha’s handpicked team is experienced and committed to helping you find your MoneyZen.
- We’re well-connected. Nobel chemist Linus Pauling said, “If you want to have good ideas, you must have many ideas.” We couldn’t agree more, so when it came time to found MoneyZen Wealth Management, Manisha turned to the alliances she’d formed during her extensive financial services career to hand select a full spectrum of collaborative wealth management expertise. Learn more about our strategic partners below.
The MoneyZen Team
|Manisha Thakor, CFA. Founder & CEO. Since graduating from Wellesley College in 1992, Manisha Thakor has spent her entire career in financial services. Manisha comes to MoneyZen with 20 years of deep and broad corporate and entrepreneurial financial industry experience (including building and running a $6 billion separately managed account business and co-authoring two personal finance books for women). Her prior employers include Sands Capital Management, Fayez Sarofim & Co., Atalanta/Sosnoff Capital Corp, and S.G. Warburg. Manisha also brings a unique perspective as a sought-after national financial educator, speaker, and writer – a rewarding experience she feels has taught her as much as she has imparted to others. Manisha earned her MBA at Harvard Business School, her BA from Wellesley, and is a CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Charterholder. Manisha lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico with her wonderful husband Randy who makes her smile, laugh, and enjoy each day.|
|Christopher Girbes-Pierce, CFP®. COO & Portfolio Advisor. Wearing his COO hat, Chris oversees operational tasks in areas ranging from compliance to technology. As a Portfolio Advisor, Chris is responsible for a wide range of portfolio management duties, including: working closely with Manisha on the client on-boarding process, the execution and presentation of Monte Carlo analyses, drafting and monitoring Investment Policy Statements, and implementing trades. Prior to joining team MoneyZen, Chris oversaw the day-to-day portfolio management of over $210 million in assets across 130 accounts at Buckingham Asset Management. Before entering the financial services industry in 2005, Chris was a small business owner and had a brief stint as a quarterback in the Arena Football League. Chris earned his BA in Business Administration with a minor in Spanish from Principia College, and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. He lives in San Diego, California.|
|Laura Orchard. Executive Assistant & Office Manager. With an eye for detail and a project manager’s sensibility, Laura oversees core functions at MoneyZen ranging from firm’s administrative activities to the firm’s technology (no small task for a unique virtual, location independent firm!). With over three decades of work experience for small businesses and non-profits in New York City and Santa Fe, Laura brings wisdom, tenacity, and a can-do spirit to her work with Manisha, Chris, and most importantly, MoneyZen’s beloved clients. As a graduate of Parsons School of Design, Laura is also fluent in a wide array of right-brained skills, and her representational art work has been exhibited and collected across the US. Laura lives in stunning Santa Fe, New Mexico with her husband and two Jack Russell Terriers.|
MoneyZen Strategic Partners
Investment Solutions – True to our MoneyZen namesake, we have scoured the cluttered financial universe to provide the few, distinguished fund families structured according to our tenets of investment clarity. We remain abreast with any new opportunities as well, bringing you anything and everything that is expected to serve your highest personal interests.
|Custodians – MoneyZen Wealth Management focuses on your money, so you can focus on your life. That said, your assets are held in your name, with account activity reports sent directly to you from one of our independent custodian alliances, enabling you to remain in control of your wealth.|