The MoneyZen Culture
At MoneyZen Wealth Management, you’ll find a new way to think about your life and how to enrich it.
- We’re virtually everywhere. Among our most exciting and unusual qualities is how we’ve applied leading-edge technology to build our virtual office. From the urban hustle-bustle of Times Square, to the mountain vistas of Santa Fe, to the sandy shores of Southern California, we’ve optimized our business to serve ideal MoneyZen clients wherever they may roam.
- We’re here for you, too. Our services are extremely up close and personal. In particular, our zest for learning and teaching shines through everything we do for and with our clients.
- We’re transparent. We place a strong emphasis on full, transparent disclosure of our fees, relationships and services. We want everything to be perfectly clear, so you can relax and focus on your life.
- We’re solid. Our office may be virtual, our fees transparent. But our people and platform are rock solid. Manisha’s handpicked team is experienced and committed to helping you find your MoneyZen.
- We’re well-connected. Nobel chemist Linus Pauling said, “If you want to have good ideas, you must have many ideas.” We couldn’t agree more, so when it came time to found MoneyZen Wealth Management, Manisha turned to the alliances she’d formed during her extensive financial services career to hand select a full spectrum of collaborative wealth management expertise. Learn more about our strategic partners below.
The MoneyZen Team
|Manisha Thakor. Since graduating from Wellesley College in 1992, MoneyZen Founder & CEO Manisha Thakor (Harvard MBA, CFA), has spent her entire career in financial services. Manisha comes to MoneyZen with 18 years of deep and broad corporate and entrepreneurial financial industry experience (including building and running a $6 billion separately managed account business, and co-authoring two personal finance books for women). Manisha also brings a unique perspective as a sought-after national financial writer, educator and speaker – a rewarding experience she feels has taught her as much as she has imparted to others. Manisha lives in Santa Fe, NM with her wonderful husband Randy who makes her smile, laugh and enjoy every day. Click here to read Manisha’s full bio.|
|Katie Skurski. Katie serves as MoneyZen’s “Portfolio & Operations Ninja,” supporting Manisha and the firm in a variety of key behind-the-scenes functions. Katie brings over 14 years of finance and strategy experience to MoneyZen Wealth Management from companies including Nike, Enron and Fayez Sarofim & Co. She holds a BA in Economics from Vanderbilt University where she graduated Magna Cum Laude and as a member of the Phi Beta Kappa society. She also holds an MBA from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. She is Level III candidate in the CFA Program. A former avid runner and triathlete, Katie has completed the Boston Marathon and Ironman Wisconsin. She now spends her free time as a loving wife and mother to 3 beautiful children in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.|
|Shalon Ironroad. Shalon serves as MoneyZen’s “Human Swiss Army Knife,” taking charge of a wide range of administrative tasks to keep our business running smoothly. She is passionate about empowering women through financial and life education. Shalon majored in Communications at Utah Valley University while serving in Student Government and sitting on the Academic Senate. Her professional background is in New Media, and she takes pride in being a “she-geek”. In her spare time, Shalon loves singing, building websites, and helping other women learn how to work remotely from home, just as she does with MoneyZen. She is head-over-heels for her husband, son, and identical twin girls.|
MoneyZen Strategic Partners
Investment Solutions – True to our MoneyZen namesake, we have scoured the cluttered financial universe to provide the few, distinguished fund families structured according to our tenets of investment clarity. We remain abreast with any new opportunities as well, bringing you anything and everything that is expected to serve your highest personal interests.
|Custodians – MoneyZen Wealth Management focuses on your money, so you can focus on your life. That said, your assets are held in your name, with account activity reports sent directly to you from one of our independent custodian alliances, enabling you to remain in control of your wealth.|