Did you know that a $100 pair of jeans could end up costing you almost twice that much if you pay only the minimum balance on your credit card each month? Or that 90% of American women will be the sole keeper of their personal finances at some point during their lives? Whether you’ve been living paycheck-to-paycheck, are trying to save for a down payment on your first home, or are hoping to one day retire in comfort, On My Own Two Feet can help. This succinct guide will teach you how to balance your desire to live well today with the need to save and invest for tomorrow. More important, it provides the tools to create the financial life you’ve always dreamed of.
This lively, no-nonsense financial primer explains:
- How much of your income to save
- How to avoid the perils of credit card debt
- How to create a budget you can live with (and still have fun!)
- How to invest wisely using a powerful, keep-it-simple plan
- How to deal with real life situations – such as figuring out how much home or car you can afford & how to handle money when you couple up with that someone special
On My Own Two Feet redefines Personal Finance 101. The sooner you apply the basic financial concepts highlighted in this gem of a book the more likely it is that you’ll achieve common life goals such as owning a home, providing for yourself or your family, taking fun vacations, and retiring in comfort—all free from financial stress.
“This is the path to true liberation: how to handle all those hard-earned dollars. Or make do with what you’ve got. And if I were a modern boy, I’d put on a wig and buy one as well. We all need this guidebook.”
- Lynn Sherr: ABC News Correspondent & Author of Outside The Box: A Memoir
“ON MY OWN TWO FEET is a must-read for all women who want to own their own destiny… Whether you are going to run a corporation, a household, or your own extraordinary life, this book is indispensable.”
- Nancy F. Koehn: James E. Robison Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School